Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My diagnosis: Osteoarthritis


I went in yesterday for a scan of my bones in my lower back and right hip.  You can read the report here

Basically, old age has caught up with me and I have a degree of bone degeneration in my right hip and lower back.  And that gives pain in response to certain movements.  I can walk without pain and sit in a chair without pain but other movement tend to give pain to some degree.  Since walking and sitting in a chair in front of my computer is all I do, I have got off lightly.

There is no cure but pain killers give some relief. Alcohol does too!  I have also learned how to move when doing various things and can often do them without pain if I go carefully.  I can still drive, for instance, but getting in and out of the car is a bit tricky.  My biggest beef is that it always gives me some pain to get in and out of bed.  I have normally had a couple of lie-downs during the day so that is a pest.

I believe that about half of all men of my age get osteoarthritis somewhere so time has just caught up with me

No comments:

Post a Comment