Saturday, August 28, 2021

Astra Zeneca



It is now more than 24 hours since I have had my first shot of Astra Zeneca -- and I have had ZERO side effects -- no aching bones, no high temperatures. Just my usual perfect health. My immune system once again seems to have done an exemplary job.

I was afraid that I might experience enough adverse symptoms to interfere with my usual Saturday morning with Anne. But we were in fact able to do all our usual activities. I even got some Portuguese custard tarts for our 11am cup of tea

Why Astra Zeneca? Mainly because it seems to give the longest period of immunity

1 comment:

  1. I got the second Pfizer shot a little over a week ago. After the first I noticed soreness around the injection area. The day after the second shot I was a bit under the weather, similar to a light cold but it passed late in the afternoon.

    Before the second shot, one of the nurses told the gathering of people that the vaccines did not provide a 100% protection against COVID-19. She also said it was *likely* that the effect of vaccines would *probably* be a less severe illess if infected, which was what I had gathered beforehand.

    I am not a collectivist who refuses to use the little grey cells in matters concerning governmental recommendations. Such people tend not to be able to separate caution from fear, and thus dub the cautious as fearful while conveniently leaving out why they themselves walk around with their pants around their ankles waiting for the next "expert" to tell them to bend over. Those who oppose the vaccines very strongly on the other hand seem to risk becoming conspiratorial and detached from what it is they truly know.

    ReplyDelete