Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mothers' day


My mother is long ago deceased so I really have no-one to celebrate on the day.  I suppose I could get together with my siblings and have some sort of occasion to honour our mother but we have never done so.  I didn't like my mother very much anyway. But de mortuis nihil nisi bonum forbids me to expand on that.

What I have done on some past occasions is meet with family members who are mothers and have a nice lunch.  Most of the family concerned are overseas these days however so that was not on.

Zoe solved the problem for me today.  She said that she acts like my mother so I should shout her a lunch in honour of that.  So I did.  I took her to the Burmese at Stone's corner, where I regularly have the roast duck.  It was as good as ever today.

My fitness has undergone a fair bit of improvement recently as my broken bones slowly heal.  My foot seems to be completely healed and my ribs don't bother me if I move carefully.  One memorable thing in that department today was after we got home:  I sat Zoe on my knee.  It's decades since I have done that with a woman but Zoe is only 55kg so that made it possible.  It was a good experience. She makes a good playmate, among other things

No comments:

Post a Comment