Saturday, March 27, 2021

A restoration


When you are emotionally close to someone, being apart for just a week can feel like a long time. Due to her stroke, Anne and I were recently apart for TWO weeks! We were due for our usual Saturday meeting one week ago but she was at that time feeling effects from the stroke and not up to any meeting.  But today was back to normal or nearly so.

She is walking very well with only a slight limp.  I drove out to her place this morning.  While she was in hospital I wanted to do the usual thing and take up flowers and chocolates to her -- but COVID restrictions at that time barred all visitors.  So I took roses and some Lindor chocolates to her this morning instead.  I liked the bright colour of the flowers and it would seem that Anne liked them too as she has just sent me a picture of them. It is a good memoir of our meeting



We went to "Taste the Aroma", a cafe at West Wynnum for our breakfast and it was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment