Saturday, March 20, 2021

Coping with stroke


Last Monday afternoon,  Anne had a stroke, fortunately a minor one

I was distraught when I heard of it but thought it through and ended up reasonably serene about it

Anne was gardening when her left leg gave way and she fell.  Fortunately George was nearby so got her promptly to medical attention.  That probably helped limit the damage.

It appears that only her leg is affected and she has already had substantial recovery.  She got out of hospital on Friday.

That did mean that our usual Saturday morning arrangements were ruled out.  We have been breakfasting together on Saturday mornings with very few exceptions for 15 years so that was sad for me.

Fortunately, Irene turned up at breakfast and we had a good chat.  After breakfast Jenny took me on an OpShop tour so that was interesting.  So my Saturday morning was not so bad after all

At one of the OpShops I bought Anne yet another necklace.  She does wear black a bit so it should go with something



Update: Anne liked the necklace. "It will get plenty of wear", she said

No comments:

Post a Comment