Saturday, December 21, 2019

Another visit to the Gold Leaf shop


Paul and Susan joined me for breakfast at the Gold Leaf coffee shop last Tuesday (17th).  We had their usual top quality breakfasty stuff.  I had their cheeseburger as I often do.  And we all had iced coffee.

The main point of the meeting was to allay Susan's worries about various things.  She and Paul are in business and that is always a bit precarious so both Paul and she have good grounds to be worried about something going wrong and sending them broke.

I tried to damp down that worry by assuring them that I would not let them go broke.  I would bail them out if they ever faced a bill they could not pay.  I think that may have helped Susan to be more relaxed

We also talked about Matthew's future now he has been accepted into the Fettes Prep school. We speculated that he might go into politics at Westminster in the distant future -- once he has made his fortune.   He already seems quite conservative, has two conservative parents  and will be going to a conservative school -- so he should end up with views as conservative as Paul's and mine.  It would be good to hear such views espoused in the House of Commons one day.

We also talked more about Susan having another baby but had to leave that for Susan to mull over.  She is keen but it all depends on how much help she can get while she is heavily involved with their business.  We discussed some possibilities.

After breakfast we all came back to my place, where I had a gift of a pair of very fancy doilies to give to Susan. I am a great believer in the usefulness of doilies and have lots of them  protecting various surfaces at my place.  Susan enjoyed looking at some of my recent purchases of classic old furniture.  Paul investigated my photo farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment