Tuesday, April 27, 2021

David Isaac


I am not much into receiving visitors these days but I received from David, a Sydney anesthesiologist, a call saying that he was a keen follower of my writings and wanted to come up to Brisbane to meet me in person while that was still possible.  In the circumstances, I told him I would see him tonight.  Jenny kindly made us both a cup of tea.

It was an unusual meeting. He spent 95% of the time telling me about himself and the political writers he had been reading recently. They were all far-Right and I am guessing that he hoped I was one of them. I do make comments about race and IQ at times so it was an understandable mistake on his part.  My interest in those topics is largely academic, however. I have in print quite a lot of academic journal articles on those topics.

It is in fact amazing that mentioning the low average IQs of African-Americans does not get me "cancelled".  But I think that the clearly academic character of my writing saves me from that fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment