Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Army and the Japanese

This is pretty disgusting.  Young Japanese women living in Paris get so shocked by constant French rudeness towards them that some of them end up hospitalized with depression.  I am sure my own manners are a bit rough at times but I always try to treat the invariably polite people of Asia with the courtesy that such politeness deserves.  But like all elitists, the French think everyone else is scum, particularly Americans of course.

Because I am an accommodation provider and find Asians to be good tenants, I have met more than a few of the young treasures of Japan over the years and there is no way they deserve to be driven into hospital by foul treatment.  Partly because I am a former Army man myself, I have met and talked to many “old Diggers” (Australian Army veterans)  from WWII over the years and I share their disgust about what “the Nips” did to prisoners and others in that war.  To this day, many of them would not consider buying a Japanese car.  But because of their experiences, if nothing else, those men are true gentlemen and I can guarantee you that not one of them would be rude to a young woman just because she was Japanese.  But ethics have always been something of an afterthought to the French from what I can see.

While I am thinking of the Army, I also want to record my disgust at the way Leftists commonly disparage the armed forces.  To me the profession of arms is the noblest profession there is.  Who else volunteers to lay down his life for his fellow-citizens?

And to revert to the Japanese:  Lots of armies speak of fighting to the death but in modern times only the Japanese have done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment