Monday, February 4, 2008

Christmas letters



When people send out Christmas cards they often include a report of their doings in the year concerned. It is a valuable way of keeping in touch.

I have always been a bit slack about sending out Christmas cards -- mostly leaving it to the ladies in my life. When it became clear that permanence among the ladies in my life was not to be relied upon, however, I did lurch into sending out some Christmas cards on my own account. And I DID eventually get around to including some sort of bulletin with each one.

From 1996 to 2002 I included a printed letter with each card and in 2004 and 2005 I put up an internet file which I referred people to. From 2006 on I have simply referred people to my personal blog right here.

It has occurred to me, however, that I could make my personal blog more comprehensive by posting backdated copies of my old Christmas communications on it. So I have now done that. You can access them here

Don't ask me what happened in 2003. I have no record of it. If anybody does, please tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment