Thursday, April 6, 2017

Pathology results


About the only excitement in the lives of people around my age is usually their health problems.  They are nearly all taking buckets of pills.  I take no pills regularly and have what I think is an interesting life outside my occasional health problems.  My blogging is my big interest in life and I have the hope that what I do there is worthwhile.  You can see most of what I write in one place here.

But recurrent skin cancer is a big problem for me and I had four bits cut out of me at the beginning of March.  Two of the wounds got infected however so healing was not straightforward.  There is however only one that is still a problem but it too seems to be under control.

My last lot of pathology results came in last Friday and told me that the wound in my ankle has become infected by soil bacteria such as Pseudomonas.  Those nifty little bacteria can give you necrotizing fasciitis, where your flesh just keeps getting eaten away.  In extreme cases they amputate to stop it.

My infection, however, is a slow-moving one and I am now on two antibiotoics to combat it:  Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole.  They seem to be working as I am out of pain and healing is therefore indicated.  But it is a bit of a waiting game at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment