Thursday, July 11, 2019

An interesting day


A couple of weeks ago, I bought a large table-height sideboard  from Buranda Vinnies.  It was a very attractive piece with lots of drawers etc.   Anne liked it.  About a week ago a similar one popped up in Stones Corner Vinnies.  This one was normal sideboard height but was otherwise a little smaller.  But it also looked good.  So I bought it for Anne but left it to Anne to arrange delivery.

And it arrived today. So when I turned up at Anne's place at 7pm there it was.  Anne had done some big furniture rearrangements to fit it in to her living room but it did fit in very well.  She was of course rather worn out at that stage so I took her to dinner at nearby Tingalpa.

When we arrived at Tingalpa we noticed that the Japanese restaurant had been much done up so decided to try it.  What I ordered and what we got seemed very different but it was very tasty nonetheless.  We will return.

After the meal we went for a short walk to see what else was new at Tingalpa.  A Thai restaurant had some leaflets out the front so I took one and sat down to read it.

I sat on one of the flimsy stools that the restaurant supplies.  Both the stool and I fell over.  I must have sat further back on it than I should.  So I ended up flat on my back on the concrete floor.  As the stool was only about 18" off the floor I didn't have far to fall so did not injure myself.  Old fellas like me should NOT fall over, however. We tend to break things.  My fall must have been much observed because people leaped up and came from all over to help me.  I needed it as at my age I have difficulty getting off the floor by myself. 

So it was good to see how many kind people were there. I don't think I have sunk to the level of Blanche in "Streetcar named Desire", though.



No comments:

Post a Comment