Monday, January 31, 2022

Musical compatibility


I have always been a classical music devotee.  I get a lot out of it and greatly dislike most popular music.  And that creates problems for me in  relationships.  I need the lady in my life to be able at least to tolerate classical music.  And where both of us are aficionados, it is a tie that binds.

So when Anne downgraded our relationship in March 2020 I went on dating sites to find another lady  --with the stipulation that she should like classical music. That ruled out 99% of the available possibilities so it took me a long time to find another partner.

So when Zoe contacted me I was pleased that she liked Bach. Bach does things to me. And during our afternoon together yesterday, she asked me to put on some Schumann -- which I was delighted to do. I put on my favourite Schumann: Kinderszenen. You have to be a real classical devotee to have heard of Schumann so Zoe and I are very compatible musically. She makes me a happy man

She has a very trim figure  too, not bad for a lady in her 70s

1 comment:

  1. I have explored music on the spectrum of the darkest dark to the lightest light and I consider classical music by Bach and other masters to be the most impressive. It sounds wonderful to bond over such a musical blessing.

    Speaking of trim, my current ideal is first and foremost to bond over values. However I am aware that a certain type of looks can make the captain of my ship go bananas. As an example, one of the Fox News ladies, Carley Shimkus, I can clearly see there is a layer of cosmetics but I still find her so very attractive and her wonderful smile makes her cute as a button too. Oof, I am surely distracted by her looks. She could talk about the weather, politics, how to slice bread, and I would not be able to fully pay attention to what she was talking about. Now, this is shallow and would work poorly as a compliment but it is not meant to be flattering, I am just describing how things are right now.

    ReplyDelete