Saturday, June 19, 2021

Bad news


It now seems clear that I am dying.  It has not been as soon as I thought but it is relentless.

For over a year now what I can do physically has been diminishing.  The distance I can walk gets ever less. And now I can only just barely get up my front stairs

I had hoped that the immunotherapy might at least stop the decline but that has not happened. I will probably linger on for a little while yet but I am in good hands with Jenny and Joe as live-in carers so I should be as comfortable as possible.

It's amusing how life goes on, however.  I went to see my doctor last Thursday.  Dr Gahlot is an Indian lady who always impresses me by her wisdom. As I was leaving recently, however,  She said:"It is always a pleasure to see you, John". I am not quite sure what I did to deserve that.  She is a very pleasant lady. Jai Hind!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear that, John! Wishing you all the best for the remaining time you have. Glad you have Jenny and Joe with you.

    ReplyDelete