Sunday, July 4, 2021

Recent


Death from cancer is usually a slow business and so it seems to be with me.  I am however living as close to my usual life as I can -- and part of that is of course seeing Anne once a week, usually on Saturday mornings.  We have continued to enjoy doing that but I don't always report it here as what we do does not always vary a lot.

One thing  I often do is to bring along some novelty item -- usually a piece of jewellery that I think Anne would like.  

Below are two recent items -- a set of ceramic napkin rings originating from he Philippines and a filigree sterling  silver set of earrings and a pendant from England  The filigree set is a very fine piece  of work and the napkin rings should help dress up Anne's dining table next time she has a dinner party.






Last Saturday, the novelty I had on show was something I bought for myself -- a fancy bedside clock.  I now have 5 clocks in my bedroom.  I wonder if that is enough?

The battery in the clock gave us a bit of a drama. It was flat and nothing like Jenny or I had seen before.  It transpired however that it was a clock battery --  a battery especially made for small clocks. We got one from Battery World

No comments:

Post a Comment