Thursday, November 11, 2021

A rather good Armistice day


Today, Thursday, started out well with the dressings on my face finally coming off.  The wound looks well-healed so there should be no problem when the stitches come out tomorrow morning.

On Tuesday I noticed extensive subcutaneous bleeding from the wound so I had to go in to get that attended to.  Fortunately the treatment  -- using pressure and ice -- worked well and the bleeding stopped

So last Friday's surgery had a persistently gory aftermath, which was no fun at all.

But the day did have some nice moments,  The doctor attending to me asked me if I would like to observe the traditional minute's silence at 11am in memory of the cessation of WWI. As a former military person, I was delighted to participate.

The other good thing was that I heard today from two different ladies whom I had met but who had decided that they wanted to see no more of me.  Both have changed their minds so I now have new dates with them.  Rather amazing.  I must still have something

No comments:

Post a Comment