Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Envy




I wonder what the average man thinks when he sees what attractive women rich and famous sportsmen can have in their lives. See Keely Hannah above.  Envy is an understandable response.

But at 78, I actually don't feel envious.  I look back and remember some very good-looking women I have had in my life over the years and see  myself as having had my share of such women. I see it as mere justice that my choices now are much more limited.  I accept that I cannot now aspire to having in my life such knockout women as the one above

And it helps that my girlfriend is pretty nice looking in the context of her and my present age.  I suspect that Zoe is pretty close to as good as you get among women in their mid 70s

Original article here:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/celebrity/who-is-keely-hannah-bernard-tomics-new-girlfriend/news-story/3717452c1f7cb972bf3499a59b49688d


1 comment:

  1. I wonder what percentage of good looking people posting pictures want others to be envious of them? Would they care if others did not care? Would they be disappointed if the viewer simply wished them well?

    Envy is a useless emotion to entertain, a rather poor distraction and at the end of the day is does not do anything good for anybody.

    Age 20 to 40 is in my opinion the summer as far as age is concerned. By golly, my body could take just about anything and be up and going the next day. It made life easier in many ways. 40 to 60 is autumnly, and like the winter that comes next, they may still be warm and comfortable even though youth has passed. There is still potential to shape one's attitudes according to the reality of the present and have a jolly good time.

    ReplyDelete