Friday, October 22, 2021

A memorable day


My day started out with an 8am appointment at the radiation oncology Dept. at the PA hospital.  The PA is a short drive from where I live.  It is a huge public hospital but the radiation oncology Dept. there is very well equipped and staffed.  I saw Prof. Foote, the head of the Dept. It was a genial meeting as he knew me from a previous bout of therapy there.

I am getting him to irradiate an unsightly neoplastic rash on my forehead.  It has been lasered, frozen and ointmented but nothing kills it for long.  The radiotherapy will wipe it out for good however.  I will get a total of 20 exposures to the deadly beams to make sure of that

We agreed on a start to the treatment in about a month's time

Then I had lunch with a lady I contacted through a dating site. I was amazed when I met her. I am betting that she is the most good-looking 71 year-old in Brisbane.  You'd think she was in her 30s.  She was a pleasure to look at.

She was quite bright, we had a lot in common and the conversation went well.  But my decrepit looks mean that I am nowhere in her league so there are unlikely to be further developments between us.  It was a real pleasure to meet her however

And yesterday's iron infusion was already showing good effects.  I was actually walking faster today.  The extra iron would have enabled more haemoglobin which in turn boosted my leg muscles. I am walking pretty normally now.  I have had three attacks of internal cancer but my recovery of function from them has been pretty good.

So it was a rather good day and I had a candle-lit dinner with Jenny to top it off. I have two candelabra with six candles so that gave a good light to dine by.

No comments:

Post a Comment