Wednesday, March 23, 2022

A pesky episode


I have been having some arthritic pain in my right knee.  It comes and goes and is generally no great problem.  It became a problem last Saturday morning (19th), however.  As I was going down my front stairs, my knee suddenly "went" on me.  So I fell over abruptly and hurt my ankle. Falling on hardwood stairs is not a good thing to do so I had at least a sprained ankle and could only walk painfully from that point on.

So next day I arrived with Joe at the emergency department of the Wesley hospital seeking an x-ray to check for any broken bones.  One gets first class treatment at the Wesley with no waiting.  It costs rather a lot but I always go there if I can because I like the friendly and polite way I am treated there.  I saw an emergency physician who was very communicative and attentive and the x-rays were promptly ordered and carried  out. 

It turned out that I had broken a small bone in my foot. The doctor bandaged it up firmly and referred me to get a surgical "boot", which I did the next day.  So I am  hobbling along on crutches, greatly limiting what I can do. Rather disrupting things I had planned

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the bite-sized wisdom of Confucius, he seemed like a smart fellow with the ability to observe reality. I agree with him that our glory is not about never falling but getting up when we fall. Wish you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete