Monday, March 28, 2022

Recovery


I am still taking it very carefully but have gradually become more able to get about without pain.  I mostly walk about the house using one crutch and with the boot on.  The boot is a bit uncomfortable but appears to have had a big role in healing. I can and do walk short distances without it now with no pain.  I take it off at night so I can sleep in some comfort so I do some very short walks at that time.  I can now actually get into my shower cubicle with neither crutch nor boot and no pain -- so that is a blessing.

My life has not been greatly disrupted by my fall.  I usually spend most of my day at my computer and I can still do that.  And last Sunday I made it to my usual Sunday breakfast at the pie-shop with Joe.  Joe has been enormously helpful in dealing with my temporary disability.

Zoe initially was upset by the change to our relationship caused by my fall but we have in fact continued our usual routine of Wednesday, Friday and Sunday dinners.  As usual, we had the dinners at my place with both of us contributing in various ways.  

Last night was a particularly pleasant night, with Zoe telling me about her past encounters with Serbian politics.  She strongly supported opposition to former President Boris Tadić (2004 to 2012) and felt unsafe in Serbia because  of that.  Living in Australia allays such concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment