Sunday, September 19, 2021

Light on the situation


Most weeks I give Anne a small present, usually costume jewellery.  I have a pretty good idea of her taste so she is usually enthusiastic about what I give her.  She says that when she wears it, other ladies often compliment her on it.

My most recent present was a bit different, however.  I gave her a new but old-fashioned hurricane lamp!  That probably sounds bizarre but she, George and I all like oil lamps.  George has given her a very nice large table lamp. So I decided to give her an oil lamp that she can carry about during blackouts or for nights when she is caravanning.

And she definitely liked it.  Unprompted by me she has just sent the picture below of the lamp concerned lighting up a scrabble game



No comments:

Post a Comment