Thursday, January 7, 2021

Mostly good news


I got two lots of findings today -- from a PET scan and a blood test. The best finding was no more cancers in my head and neck area.  That is where the big problems were previously.  So the 12 exposures of radiation therapy that I had would seem to have wiped out any stray cancerous cells left over from previous treatments there.

My other cancers had not advanced but a small new cancer was detected in my chest.  

So that sets me up well for the Lumina treatment, where they inject stuff into you that kills all cancers in your body. It's hugely expensive but will be great if it works.

I also got some blood test results which found that most of my functions were ok.  The exception was iron levels and vitamin b12.  So I will be going onto supplements to bring up levels of those.

But the best news of all is that the PET scan people at one stage weighed me.  And I am down to 105 KG.  At my heaviest I was 123 KG.  I am not sure what I have to thank for this miracle but I have lost a lot of my appetite in recent times.  Dinners that I once would have scoffed down, I now cannot finish

And my waistline has of course also reduced.  So I got out some of my old shirts that I had grown out of and I can now wear them again. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment