Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Zoladex


A busy day.  I went to my local Indian doctor to finish off getting my right ear cleaned out.  I had been putting drops in it to prepare the way. And this time she managed to clear the ear right out, which was a relief.  It certainly helps my hearing

And then I got her to do my first injection of Zoladex.  It is an anti-androgen medication to control my prostate cancer. One injection lasts 3 months. I was previously on monthly injections so I am glad to be past that

One effect of anti-androgens is that it saps your energy -- and my energies are very low.  I experienced that same day.  I had arranged that I would cook dinner that night for Jenny and me.  I cooked spag bol, something I have cooked many times over the years. And I did manage to cook it this time. But it was a struggle. For someone who can barely stand up, cooking was a challenge.  But when Jenny arrived at 6:15 both the pasta and the meat were cooked and ready.  Jenny however offered to do a few finishing touches and serve the dinner up -- an offer I gladly accepted

And the dinner turned out quite well.  The $2 bottle of sauce from Woolworths that I used must have been a good one.

We would normally have spent Monday evening at Nandos -- with Ken and George -- but I have cancelled those meetings on account of my poor hearing.  I just could not follow the conversations at those dinners. So it has a sort of fitness that I did instead  cook a dinner at home on the first day of the revised arrangements.  Jenny has a loud clear voice so I can usually understand her.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your health issues, John. Long time reader, wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete