Tuesday, February 2, 2021

A rescued candle-lit dinner



Ready

Anne and I had arranged to have dinner together tonight.  I was going to make it a candle-lit dinner so I had got in some good things to have as part of it.

The whole reason why Anne and I were scheduled to dine together tonight was that Jenny had a ladies' meeting she wanted to go to that night instead of her usual dinner with me.

But this morning, we had a huge rain downpour which made it not very inviting to go out.  So Anne was rightly dubious of coming over to my place this evening in case she got caught in a downpour.  She is not the most confident driver at the best of times and driving in the rain at night would have been a stressful experience for her.

As it happened, both Jenny's ladies and Anne were put off by all the rain and cancelled out.  I kept Jenny posted during the day, as I usually do, so she was aware of all the rain problems.  She is however a very confident driver and can handle a bit of rain if required.  So we agreed that she would come over and have the candle-lit dinner I had arranged for Anne! So we turned two canceled dinners into one revived dinner.

It went well.  I opened a bottle of champagne to start. Our entree of Tasmanian salmon pate had a very rich taste and for the main course I had some chicken breast steaks with garlic and rosemary.  Jenny cooked them up with her usual expertise.  I provided one of my usual salads with lots of things in it.  We ended up very replete

Jenny told me that I had never before given her a candle-lit dinner so that was a bit embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment