Sunday, February 14, 2021

V-day

The fears about bleeding from my Friday surgery did not eventuate but I had to stay at home on Saturday.  Anne cooked me some porridge for breakfast and we followed up with croissants. I always like a dish of porridge.

But by the time Sunday came around it was clear that there was going to be no problem from the surgery so I was able to give Jenny a good St. Valentine's day.  

On the morning of the day Jenny made me bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and I gave her a card and some nougat.  I also gave her some chocolate but it turned out not to be gluten free so I was glad the nougat was OK in that department.  Jenny was even pleased about the tin the nougat came in.

Jenny chose her own flowers and bought a big bunch of small ones.

The photo is Jenny's composition.  She has removed the smaller flowers and has managed to include in the picture both the card I gave her plus the tin of nougat

That evening we went to the Burmese restaurant at Stone's Corner, which we both knew to be good.  I had roast duck and Jenny had a sizzling seafood platter.  Both came with lots of good vegies.

So we both liked our dinner.  The duck was good and Jenny enjoyed her sizzle.


And we rounded off the evening at home afterward when Jenny made me a NCOT (nice cup of tea).

I asked Jenny would she like me to open a bottle of champagne for the occasion but she declined

For any slight interest it may have, I have gathered together a few of my past reports of my Valentine's day celebrations

When Jenny and I were married many years ago, I always used to give her flowers on the day.  I have only twice given my heart to a woman -- to Jenny and to Anne.  So I am much blessed that both ladies are still very much in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment