Thursday, July 29, 2021

A dinner visit from Roxanne

An extremely welcome visit this evening from my sister Roxanne and her husband Stefan.  They had tried to get down from Rockhampton for my birthday but were put off by all the lockdown regulations.

They are both pretty voluble so the conversation flowed.  He works as a part-time mechanic and she is a primary school teacher.  She says the kids don't learn nearly as much these days as they once did. They live in  gorgeous multi-level house with ocean views located just outside Rockhampton.

Rox and I have lived very different lives.  She found her soul-mate in Stefan long ago and they have been pretty sufficient to one-another ever since.  They are both very energetic and have never stopped working.  So they are pretty well off.  They have 3 gorgeous daughters now grown up.  Rox and I get on pretty well but because of our different lives we rarely see one another.  

A the time of the visit I was not feeling very well so I had to get back to my bed shortly after the dinner.  Jenny made an excellent curry for us

No comments:

Post a Comment