Saturday, July 24, 2021

Regula Mühlemann


I have just discovered a new (to me) singer whom I really like: young Swiss soprano Regula Mühlemann.  She quite young but has already made a splash.  She has a wonderful strong voice.

I first heard her singing Exultate jubilate; which she made into the thing of joy that it was meant to be. She was also good in Et incarnatus est and a variety of other pieces

Her rendition of Schubert's Der Erlkoenig might not however win universal acclaim. It is a very jerky and hugely dramatic piece that you may have to know to appreciate what a superb job she did of it.  It is an old favorite of mine and I know all the words. And I can vouch that she suited her expression to every word.  It is  outstanding as acting as well as  musically



No comments:

Post a Comment