Friday, June 10, 2022

A fun day


Very low-key fun but perhaps that is the best sort.

Below is the raw-food dinner Zoe put in front of me. It was a pleasant and colourful composition -- and probably good for me as well



And below is the composer of that dinner, looking as pleased as she has every right to be



She is wearing one of her favourite necklaces plus a bangle I gave her that day. I feel more than pleased to have such a nice-looking partner in my decrepit late '70s

The bangle. She likes pearls

The bangle is a magnetically fastened one so can also be worn as a necklace. See below in a high definition pic. The Hi-def also shows what remarkably wrinkle-free skin Zoe has in her mid 70s. She ages unusually slowly



And after dinner we went shopping at Coco's and got a whole box of fruit and veg for just $12. Zoe picked out most of what we bought so that is part of the reason why we paid so little. She has a very good eye for a bargain.

We sometimes exchange messages in Serbian Cyrillic. The message for me below below is actually in English but spelt in Cyrillic

ај лове ју.

In Cyrillic, a V shows as a B

I normally greet her in Serbian or Russian when she arrives at my place. Like most Serbs, she understands Russian. They learn it at school and it is a closely related language so they tend to learn it well

1 comment:

  1. I find that some vegs tend to add to the flavour of a dinner and the nutrients are welcome too. Veggie dinners once in a while seem to do good for the digestion. But meat remains a big part of my meals. I am going to work overtime tomorrow and afterwards I will make a stop for bacon and eggs. All of my taste buds agree; it is very tasty combination.

    I have just read about a wife who has been fixing her husband 3-4 thick slices of bacon and 2-3 large eggs for breakfast for 15 years. She states that her husband is not overweight and his cholesterol is as good as his BP. Is it due to good genes? Maybe. Maybe the tasty combo has gotten a bad rap? I do not know, but I can recount what my subjective taste is, that much is true.

    ReplyDelete