Monday, June 20, 2022

Mortality


A lot of men die in their 60s so one can easily lose friends that way.  I have.  Most of my friends are dead.  I find that hard to get used to.  They are still alive and vital in my memory. I still think of them as they were and miss being able to see them.

So I am rather glad that I am still alive at age 78 and appear to be in good enough shape to last a while yet.  And while my friends are dead I am enjoying a relationship with a new and pretty girlfriend. There is a picture of her at the head of this blog. I feel very lucky.  

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for being alive and having a good time with your girlfriend.

    Life can be quite predictable yet curve balls may manifest out of the blue. Recently a friendship of over 25 years seems to have ended. It is a weird change of pace but fortunately we both seem to have become less emotionally focused. I dislike activism and conspiratorial obsessions, but I wish her well and hope that she learns whatever it is that she needs to learn.

    Speaking of weird. I had a dream a couple of days ago and I remember some fragments. I was trying to get through to a person in a distressing situation and remember telling the person about some basic concepts rooted in psychology. Then the session with the person was over and there were others around me and they were calmly amused. I was smiling awkwardly and looking over my shoulder to see if I could figure out why exactly they were amused. I woke up and then I remember the person I was telling the basic psychology concept to, it was Dr. Jordan Peterson. So, even dreams are able to throw curve balls.

    ReplyDelete